Saturday 21 November 2020

“Just Because I am a Christian doesn’t mean I’m boring!”

 During my conversion journey into being a born again believer, the reactions of people around me have truly left me in awe and led me to put things into perspective a little. 

Of course, becoming a believer would mean a lifestyle change in a few ways. This means that any actions that glorify the flesh (See Galatians 5) would no longer be "a thing" to indulge in. I now have to be more careful with my life's choices because they must glorify the God I serve and profess. 


I traded my sorrow for the JOY of the Lord! Having a grand time worshipping God!

However many of the people around me seem to think that this change meant a boring life and it became obvious in the way they began to treat me. 

For starters, the honesty seems to be gone out of the window, and pretense took its place. People would speak or act a certain way around me just because I am a Christian but would act completely different behind my back. I’m not sure if I should see this as a form of respect or just plain out deception. 

I call the latter because God already knows everything about us, there is no need to pretend to be someone else to His children or to Him. So as I always say “Just be REAL!” 

Then there are activities for entertainment. As I have listed in a previous article Where Else can Christians go besides movies or Beach?” There is a plethora of empowering activities one can do for fun and recreation. 

So why persons believe that we (believers) are boring simply because we do not engage in events that glorify the flesh through nakedness, reveling, and drunkenness is beyond me. 

 So here’s to the misinformed; just because I am a Christian doesn’t mean I am boring. I can go to dinners, have parties that do not involve alcohol, dance to gospel soca, gospel reggae, gospel pop, and even Gospel rock!- You get the idea. And I can do so many other things including having real conversations with friends about their joys, dreams, plans, struggles, their hurts, and their pains or even the terrible things they have done. I simply do not gossip! 

The God I serve is a God is Joy and happiness (The fruits of His spirit is LOVE, JOY PEACE...see more in Glatitians 5:22-23) and He loves it when His children are happy.  

So if you need “rum” and other fleshly things to make you happy then you have the free will to enjoy. But don’t for a second think that Christians are boring for not tagging along. 



No comments:

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *