Monday 24 April 2023

The Real story behind COVER Fashion Show


Written by Netisha Alie-Grant 

(Author of books: Walking a Two-Way Street & The Essence of Life: God Them & Me!) 

Listen to Podcast here!

Before I became born again (7) seven years ago I was a fashion model. An industry that tested me a lot since I always had a reserved side. Photographers asked me to nude shoots, I modeled bikinis, gowns with long splits and even got lifted into a dress made from wood shavings while wearing a thong in front of the two guys who lifted me into said dress. 

It wasn’t easy, I felt exposed. I felt out of place! Looking back now I am still not sure what convinced me to keep going. Don’t get me wrong, I got to model some artistic designs and modest clothes just the same and met some truly amazing people. 

Photoshoot for Designer Rashid Walker 


However, a year before I completely surrendered and begin a relationship with God, I had this strange urge to COVER my body. It’s as if God was signaling me to take an ALTERNATIVE path. And so I did  because a year later I decided that the missing part of my life was total connection with my creator. 

This new walk has opened my eyes to two critical issues affecting our society and young people. 

1.Nudity 

2. Lack of uplifting Entertainment


Not everyone likes “Bacchanal” and Nakedness! And those people are deprived of genuine entertainment forcing them to retreat to other means of recreation while the world parades around with its own like they own the place.

Today I see a lot of women and men are getting more and more naked and leading our young people to believe if they are not part of it they are not “cool”. 

I also see that entertainment is lacking and a lot of our young people feel like being a Child of God is boring and that they have nothing fun to do. -Another lie to distract them from coming to God. Our God is a god of joy and internal satisfaction. Anything that comes from Him is GOOD and adds to you rather than take away from you. And COVER Fashion Show is a representation of that Joy, dismissing the lies that a life in God is boring and lacking. 

Photo shoot for American Designer Beautifully Created 

COVER Fashion Show is an Avenue that can address both of these issues by promoting MODESTY and showing believers that they can fellowship in a great and uplifting space where our God of Joy dwells. 

To me this is a MOVEMENT and a ministry! A quest to educate others whatever walk of life you’re on, that there is an ALTERNATIVE to the carnality! 

It will also show the world that we as children of God do have something they want and I can see people getting transformed and empowered at this event. It is my intention!

It was the great fashion guru Calvin S who said; “I never knew there were so many great gospel songs that are fun and entertaining…” after experiencing COVER in 2019! 

So though I feel the stigma attached to this event by many, I know that this event will serve its purpose in Christ Jesus! 

See you at COVER 2023 & beyond, because we are just getting started and the best is yet to come! 

COVER: Hide your flesh-Reveal your spirit! 


No comments:

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *