Tuesday 11 January 2022

How to Deal with “BAD” news?

 Written Netisha Alie-Grant 

(Author of Inspirational Book Walking a Two-Way Street) 

Listen to Podcast here!


True story: Let’s compare two critical points in my life.


One: I once felt ill at work and went to the doctor right away. He ran an anemia test and gave me some meds but I had to wait a few days to get the results. 


So results day came and guess what? I was also at work, teaching 8 year olds. When I took the call and the nurse identified herself as calling on behalf of my doctor to let me know that my results were ready, I quickly told her ok ok I’ll come… dismissing her from telling me over the phone. Relax she said, the results are negative! Phew! 


I instantly thought I was about to get bad news and me getting it in front of a bunch of 8 year olds wasn’t going to be good because I really didn’t know how I was going to take it. 



Two: A few years later, I established a relationship with God then found out that a cousin I loved so much had cancer. As much as We prayed to God to heal her, one day He made it clear to me that he was going to take her and it was going to be ok. And this time I had a peace knowing that she died in Christ and was now resting and no longer in pain. 


Can you tell the difference? Not only had I grown but I had also begun learning how to deal with “bad news.“ 




Message: Because I am an empath, bad news can really be difficult to receive but I have learned to find comfort in one such scripture and it reads;


Psalms 112:7


He will not fear bad news;
His heart is steadfast, trusting [confidently relying on and believing] in the Lord.


So how do you handle bad news? 


1.Face it & acknowledge it: pretending like it’s not there, shutting it out an avoiding it doesn’t make it go away. I cannot stress that enough. You cannot heal from or overcome anything you refuse to confront. How long will you run? 


2.Connect with your supply: Where do you draw LIFE from? Who or what feeds you, charges like a battery or fuels you like a car? And I’m not talking about your food. That’s good too but your soul/core is not fed by a balanced diet. For me it’s God, He is the greatest, most perfect, & unending source to be connected to. That’s why it’s so important to have a relationship with Him. 


Thirdly, 


3.Deal with it (The “bad news”) through your trust and confident reliance on God. -Psalms 112 

we eat so that we can get strength and energy to work and to simply live! Right?! So once you have connected to your supply you now have all the energy (equipment/tools) you need to take on the “bad news!” When uncomfortable situations are dealt with they are not allowed to live passed their time in the present. 

It doesn’t hang over your shoulder as you go through life or come back to hunt you in your future. 




Sounds too easy? Who said it can’t be? Jesus asked in Matthew 6:27 


27 And who of you by worrying can add one [a]hour to [the length of] his life?(A)



Whether or not it is easy or difficult, what is important is that it’s POSSIBLE! And that’s all you need to know! Once you want it bad enough, like Les Brown calls it: When you’re hungry enough, you will do it! 


So please memorize one of my favorite verses and repeat it to yourself daily, and whenever “bad news” comes your way, along with all its trauma and emotional baggage, remember “the righteous man….” 


Psalms 112:7


He will not fear bad news;
His heart is steadfast, trusting [confidently relying on and believing] in the Lord.


#CestBonSoundsGood 


No comments:

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *