Sunday 14 April 2019

True Story: God gave me a second chance!

True Story: God gave me a second chance!

“It happened within 5 seconds! My car hit a gutter, flipped & turned over. I closed my eyes, never blanked out! I felt EVERYTHING! 

Written By Netisha Alie-Grant



You know those videos of people talking about escaping an accident without a scratch at some church, in a far away place you don’t even know and you wonder if they are for real or if the pastor paid them to say it?

Recall the disbelief and questioning that is usually expressed when you see them. 

However there’s a saying that goes; “you never truly understand how it feels unless it hits home” Never heard it? Perhaps I just made it up but I’m sure many people can relate. 

Let’s give you an example. During the week a sister from church shared a video of a young lady claiming she was in a car accident and escaped death without a scratch. -That she wasn’t ready to die for her soul was not right with God and now she’s happy to have gotten a second chance. 

The other members barely reacted to the video. But today, a young man who once came to our church often enough, stood up in front of our congregation and told us that HE had escaped death.

“It happened within 5 seconds! My car hit a gutter,flipped & turned over. I closed my eyes, never blanked out! I felt EVERYTHING! The windshield on my side looked like someone had hit it with a huge stone. The back glass was shattered... the only thing I felt was a small back pain. The only thing I could do is GIVE GOD THANKS! “ 
Photo of car 



“Yet the passenger side of the windshield was so clean you could wipe your hand on it.” Interesting!

Was God or His angel on the passenger side? Holding this young man and shielding him from the impact of this car? 

I know it is 2019 and many are pushing God and Jesus out of their lives. Claiming they are mere “Religion “ and that to believe in God is “the white man’s scheme to control us and keep us (blacks) in bondage.” 

BUT GOD is still in the miracle working business! He is still here giving us second chances to get it right! 

Maybe you won’t believe the stories you see from the churches you do not know but this one is from a young man in Antigua (closer to home) and it is very real! 

Are you ready to die? If you died today do you know for sure where your soul will go? 

Some people like Marcus have another chance to get it right. Have you been getting chances and ignoring them? If you do not have Jesus in your heart you are living for the devil! 


In John 11:25 Jesus says to Martha; “ I am the resurrection and the life, he that believes in me, even if he dies, he shall live.” 

The only comfort we have in this life is to know when we die that our hearts are in God and we die in Christ. So that as Christ resurrected so shall we in Him. 

Unless you’re alive when Jesus returns, death will befall you. Are you ready for it? 

Repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the Kingdom of The Lord is nigh! (Acts 2:38, Matthew 3:2) 


Marcus Shares his testimony at Miracle Ministry International Church -Antigua 

To God be the glory for His grace! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the Jehovah that I serve.; The God of second chances. Give him your heart today!!!!

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *