Monday 27 August 2018

Angry with God!

After what seemed like facing defeat, I walked into my room and started to have it out with God. "Lord I don't get you!" I said as my disatisfied emotions got the better part of me. Clearly I had gone into a confrontation expecting God to be on my side, thinking I had it figured out and that He was about to show up for me. But here I am in the end feeling all upset that my expectations were clearly NOT met.

Written By Netisha Alie
Photo Credits Sikanda Alie 
"How could you give them more rights over me? Why did you allow them to be smarter than me in that sense? When I prayed for them to be smart I didn't mean it in that way!!! " I ravaged in my mind as I continued my rant!

Then the doubting jumped in, " is it that I am less anointed?" because that's what happens when emotions attack, they bring friends! Soon a few things came to mind. Earlier that day I was giving God praise for giving me what I wanted! For answering my prayer with a "yes!" Proving a better reward than I had expected! And while I thanked Him I almost hear myself asking, "will you still praise Him in the "no" or the bad? " So I quickly overpowered that voice and said "I'll even praise you when it's not what I wanted." Yet a few hours later here I am angry at Him, because I believed that He had caused me to lose. Thank goodness God is not human!

Next another revelation came to me; the law of recognition surpassed my nagging emotions and my spirit brought great news to me. My little charade of so called "upset with God" like a spoilt brat ended within seconds. Then the conversation shifted, "Lord if this is your way of teaching me something, open my eyes to see it..." I prayed respectfully this time.  I was now calm and allowing the spirit of God to minister His wisdom to me. We cannot be a race car reving to start a race and expect to hear from God! We must first rise above the noise to hear His still small voice.

Most times our emotions (anger) creep in unnecessarily and uninvited to rob us of our joy and in my case my spiritual wisdom and enlightenment! If we yield to it there are possible unwanted consequences, but if we can recognize it at the get go, then self control (a gift from God) nips it in the bud! Besides,  I'm sure most of us know what extreme uncontrolled anger can lead to.
I thank God for allowing me to come to Him boldly with my rant but also not allowing me to let it get the best of me! Hope you will allow Him to do the same for you! Now I'm smiling and no longer angry at my Father!

Resource Scriptures:

Ephesians 4:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 “In your anger do not sin”[a]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,

4 comments:

Misty said...

Well done!

Unknown said...

So true

The Metal Minister said...

Well written and a good reminder that God is good even when we don't get everything we want!

Chukwuemeka Hargley said...

Great and instructive post!

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *