Wednesday 9 May 2018

I traded my bikini for a muslim swimsuit!

As a little girl I didn't want to remove all my clothes to take a shower in a bathroom. When we went to the river, I kept my top on when everyone else laughed at me to say I didn't "bathe clean." Surely I wanted to cover myself, despite how opened I was expected to be. You may ask then, how did I end up modeling for bikini stores, and taking part in 4 pageants, all with swimwear segments. Good question, I'm not sure where I got the confidence either! Perhaps my youthfulness and 'proudness' of my body!


Netisha In Burkini

BUT GOD; had a plan all along. I needed to 'go through it' so people would see I understand what it takes. About three years ago, at least a year before I surrendered my heart to God, I began to feel different about all my exposing pictures that had flooded the Internet. I began to wish I could take them all down and hide them. Was I growing up? Did my little girl perceptions start to kick in again? So I decided I'd take down all such pictures off my Facebook page and just come to terms with the fact that there were many more out there that I had no control over.

We are living in a society that promotes the Sexy, half naked Woman.  Most of the outfits are missing fabric these days and costing more. Even the celebrities are flashing less and less cloth and more skin. If I didn't know better, I'd say we're going back to the days of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Why is it important for a woman to cover her body? What do the Muslims and Nuns know that we don't? What do first ladies, The Queen, all the royal subjects... know that we don't? Think about it for a second or two. What would the world say if they saw these well respected women dressed half naked at a function? Imagine the uproar!

Example, take a look at trump's wife versus Michelle Obama. People make jokes and talk about all the nude pictures she once had and glorify Mrs. Obama for all the fabulous regal outfits she wore. Men will throw comments at you calling you sexy instead of beautiful when you 'flaunt it' and treat you as a piece of meat. Then when they are ready to get married they find a well respected lady to give the ring. How many times have we heard this before? People actually treat you by the way you carry yourself. It is sad but really true.



We were created by a KING! And as much as we want to call it embracing our sexuality and appreciating the skin we are in, wearing little clothing or lack thereof really has no merit in accomplishing any of the above. If God is a King and created you, then that makes you Royalty, "Well respected" and regal. We are then right there with the Queen, Presidents' wives, Nuns... Should we look at ourselves in this manner then we'd know why we as women should cover our body.

Thus ladies, if you truly understand that you were created by a king and that makes you a princess, royalty, then you'd own up to it. Covering your body doesn't mean you aren't appealing to the right guy, it simply means you take pride in who you are and that you recognize that as ROYALTY, you ought to set that standard!

While it is not my intention to dictate what women should or shouldn't wear, I believe that by shedding light on this topic and sharing my story that it will inspire a gal to cover up! After all, our bodies are sacred, temples of the Lord and keeping it classy is far more rewarding! Also remember, the little girls are watching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Inspirational keep up the HD work Sis

Lisa.G said...

They sell those in Antigua? so I can stop wearing my gym clothes to d beach 😁

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *