Thursday 4 January 2018

Meet the Awe- Inspiring Arita World Wide


Written by Netisha Alie 



A week ago we highlighted Gospel sensation K-Anthony as a source of inspiration for the youth particularly the males. However, there was a ‘sparkling beauty’ that stood out to us because she too has a powerful story to tell. –The awe-inspiring Arita World Wide (@aritaworldwide), and we ‘Promise’ she will indeed amaze you with her story. Hers is a perfect example of how God is moving among the youth without religious restriction but through ‘Relationship.’

Intro: “I feel for broken women in particular as I’ve been broken early in my life’s journey and so present my artistry from those life experiences.” 
“I gave my life to Christ when I was 11 years old during a crusade in Tobago at a place called Lescoteaux underneath a square shed with 1 door space and 1 window space that wasn’t even secured. The joy and happiness I felt at that moment will forever stay with me.” Arita 


Photo Credits Arita's FB Page


1. Tell us who you are, and what you do for those who are unfamiliar with you.

My name is ARITA, Recording Artiste from Trinidad and Tobago, signed to TEMPO Records a subsidiary of TEMPO Networks the leading media television network in the region. I have been singing professionally for approximately 2 years, started my career off at the end of 2015, released 6 singles thus far; Good Man, Promise, Everything, Suga for my Honey, Go and Crisis. I am in the process of releasing my debut album this year 2018. Very excited about it! I also model, act and I’m a TV personality.  I am thankful to be considered one of the rising international recording artists from the Caribbean. 


Tell us about your career as a singer versus you as the individual. 

Arita “the Artiste” is very similar to ARITA “the individual” as my music is very true and authentic to whom I am. Every piece of music released thus far is either something that happened to me or persons close to me. I create music primarily that involves matters of the heart and is topical and relevant to that aspect of life. I feel for broken women in particular as I’ve been broken early in my life’s journey and so present my artistry from those life experiences.


2. Do you think you are a true representation of a 21st Century woman?


I hope I am.  They say I’m an old soul, but I’m also definitely a millennial.  My musical influences are some of the greats like ETTA JAMES (my favorite), Nina Simone, Aretha Franklyn, etc. I admire their music because of the way they were able to tell a story in song, so clear, so meaningful and so...classy. I intend to be that in our time.


3. What are some challenges you had or have being a female of your stature?

Well you know we (females) are usually underestimated and have to work twice as hard to be taken seriously, particularly when you add youth to the equation.  However, I am actually grateful for the challenges I have received thus far, all learning experiences for me, which has groomed and will continue to groom me into the woman I am supposed to be. See God placed us on this earth for a purpose, the Bible itself is riddled with the challenges of God’s greatest warriors, David, Job, Joseph... all struggled. -It’s just a part of it.  So my challenges help me with my music. I won’t be specific with what I have faced as a female, but listen to my music and it will all be there in some way.  
Photo Credits Arita's FB Page
                     

4. Describe in your own words what is 'True Beauty'.

Being able to Love especially during challenging situations and times, being able to say 'sorry and I was wrong,' even when you don’t think you were, being able to forgive, being able to live in faith and speak about it without reservation, being able to put a smile on someone’s face or the world’s face even when you are down, being able to inspire, uplift and make a positive difference… This list can go on and on... THESE, these are things I believe are of “True Beauty”.  

5. How does your relationship with God affect your music, and what challenges does your genre choice pose?

I believe that God has blessed me with a talent that I try everyday to use in accordance with his will. I don’t really subscribe to the idea that you have to sing gospel to deliver the word.  So my genre choices are a form of music that I can use in His glory and honor as well.  Indeed, My music aims to be inspirational, motivational and/or educational in some way, including extolling the virtues of loving and being of God. Even at live performances I will never go without acknowledging Him. So the genre choice really doesn’t present a challenge as I strive to remain faithful to my purpose.


6. How has your relationship with God contributed to who you are now against who you were before? 

I gave my life to Christ when I was 11 years old during a crusade in Tobago at a place called Lescoteaux underneath a square shed with 1 door space and 1 window space that wasn’t even secured. The joy and happiness I felt at that moment will forever stay with me. I have faced a lot of challenges growing up, always had doubt, fear and worry alongside me but when I found Jesus! He became my best friend, I saw the challenges in a different light and I became grateful. The mere fact that I could be up to even worry was a blessing lol, because not everyone was able to wake up to a breath of fresh air! I love the Lord and always will!


7. Where do you see Arita in the next 5 to 10 years? What are your aims for your music?

I want my music to be impactful globally by then — changing lives for the better, inspiring and being a source of happiness and positivity.  I would like to be able to share my testimony, spend meaningful time with my family, continue to make great music, and expand to other creative areas (e.g. film). - Who knows, maybe I would be blessed to pick up a Grammy or two by that time Lol! Then I know I am doing what I am supposed to. Also I desire to still be creating great music for the wider demographic.


8. What advice would you offer to young people especially young women and what final words would you like to share with them all; Christian or non-Christian. 

To have a personal relationship with the good Lord — Outside of organized religion. To me, that’s most important.  To speak to the Lord daily and work hard at doing what is right, knowing that we can’t be perfect, but understanding that the good Lord came to show us the way and the light.  For those that don’t have a proper relationship with him, PLEASE FIND HIM—He’s the Greatest.  Not asking that you drastically convert and stop everything that you have been doing, but 1 day at a time, allowing the Lord to guide you. Be good to one another and be opened to listening.  

I would like to thank everyone who support me and humbly ask that they continue to do so and to let me know how I’m doing. My music is available on SoundCloud and for download on Spotify, iTunes etc and my album, #LOVESICK, is being released this year, so stay tuned for that and Follow me on IG, FB etc @aritaworldwide.

Our favorite song from Arita so far is PROMISE which can also be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmrlS6D2Lc     Do Enjoy! 

No comments:

The misconception of the Jesus is coming SOON concept

  Written by Netisha Alie-Grant (Author of Walking a Two-Way street & The Essence of Life: God, Them, & Me!”  Listen to Podcast here...

Contact Young and Christian

Name

Email *

Message *